How do I search for data in the SCIP public portal? What can I search for?
Remember that not all information submitted to the Substances of Concern in articles as such or in complex articles (Products) (SCIP) database will be available via the SCIP dissemination portal (SCIP public portal).
To begin a search, click on the Search icon (magnifying glass) at the right of the SCIP public portal page. The European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) has informational resources on using the portal, including:
- How to search information in SCIP database (YouTube video).
- Know more about hazardous chemicals in products - SCIP data published (press release/article).
There is also a "Help" section available on the SCIP public portal page, accessible via the "question mark" icon at the right above the article list:
Users can search using a number of data types, including:
- Article identity (name, brand, EAN/GPC/ISBN, SCIP number, etc.).
- Article category (EU TARIC Code).
- Material & Mixture category (specific material/mixture categories selected from list).
- Substance of concern.
- Concern/Reason for inclusion (select from list).
See also: SCIP Public Portal: Available Information.
Article is current as of 2021-09-24.