What kind of information can I find in the SCIP public portal?
A search in the Substances of Concern in articles as such or in complex articles (Products) (SCIP) dissemination portal, also called the SCIP public portal, will return a list of articles that match the search criteria. Visible information fields may include:
- Article Name should contain a brief description of the article. However, many records instead contain article/part number information in this field, which may cause confusion and make searching more difficult.
- Other Article Identifiers may be part numbers, item numbers, SCIP numbers, etc. This is not standardized (to allow for flexibility when entering data) which may cause confusion during searching.
- Article Category is the EU TARIC code, with sectional information. This helps identify articles within complex products or multiple-article structures.
- Last Update is the last SCIP Article Notification date.
- Details icon allows the user to access a factsheet summarizing the SCIP information for the article.
The Details icon opens a factsheet with more information. Factsheets are navigated via links in the left pane. A factsheet defaults to showing article information; clicking on the name of a listed substance in the left pane will switch the view to a Candidate List Substance Information page. Clicking on the article name in the left pane switches back to show article information again.
For complex objects, the left pane will show a top-level article record with sub-level articles grouped underneath. Clicking on each article name navigates to that article's details; from the article details, clicking on a substance name in the left pane will show the Candidate List Substance Information page.
Not all SCIP information is available via the public portal. ECHA's publication Dissemination and confidentiality in the SCIP Database (PDF) discusses issues of data confidentiality.
This article is current as of 2021-09-24.