Can you provide examples of the types of components and materials that are most likely to contain the substances added to the Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH) Regulation’s Substances of Very High Concern (SVHC) list in June 2018?
- D4, D5, D6: Washing and cleaning products, polishes and waxes, cosmetics and personal care products.
- Disodium octaborate: Antifreeze products, heat transfer fluids, lubricants and greases, and washing and cleaning products.
- EDA: Adhesives and sealants, coating products, fillers, putties, plasters, modeling clay, pH regulators and water treatment products.
- Lead: Metals, welding and soldering products, metal surface products and polymers.
- Terphenyl hydrogenated: Plastic additive, solvent, coatings/inks, adhesives and sealants, and heat transfer fluids.
- TMA: Used in the manufacturing of esters and polymers.
- DCHP: Plastisol, PVC, rubber and plastic articles, as well as a phlegmatizer and dispersing agent for formulations of organic peroxides.
**Article contents valid as of 2021-09-23