U.S. Conflict Minerals - Companies in Europe with Business Units in the U.S.

Question Posed:

If our main corporate office is located in France and has a business unit in the United States, does the business unit need to file a CMR?

Answer Provided:

For the Dodd-Frank Section 1502 United States Security and Exchange Commission Form SD and CMR filing requirements, a company must be publicly traded on a US stock exchange.  If the company is not traded on a US stock exchange, there is no filing requirement.

Reference: https://www.sec.gov/rules/final/2012/34-67716.pdf

**Article contents valid as of 2017-11-27

Have more questions? Submit a request