The AD-DSL is a list of substances subject to supplier substance reporting in the aerospace and defence supply chain. IAEG® has identified regulated chemical substances of concern to the international aerospace and defence industry that are subject to current use, product content restrictions or reporting requirements with potential impacts on the industry or its customers. The AD-DSL is used for supplier reporting of chemical substances that are included in its products, are used in the production of those products or are required for operation or maintenance of those products.
The AD-DSL was developed through collaboration with all IAEG member companies and is actively managed to ensure currency, while continuing to meet the needs of the AD industry.
Please select the substances that are contained in the product or process when creating the product.
Making an IPC-1754 XML (AD-DSL) Declaration in the Supplier Portal
Once you receive the relevant campaign email, you can make the declaration.
- Before you begin, prepare the information you will need to complete your declaration:
From this window, you can download your Product List and Substance List for reference. These files download in Excel format.
- On the main page, review the regulation details and the available regulation resources:
- Use the checkboxes to select your products and click Declare:
You can declare for individual products or select in bulk. To display more products, open the drop-down menu on the bottom right of the table and select the desired number of products to display (20, 40, 50, or 500):
To declare for all products, do not use the checkboxes, and click Declare for ALL (x).
- On the next page, review the Product Details section:
- If you have an IPC-1754 XML or AD-SRT Excel file to speed up the declaration process, click Upload File.
Uploading a valid IPC-1754 XML or AD-SRT Excel file will populate the corresponding sections below with the data contained in the file. To continue declaring manually, skip to step 9.
- Using the File Explorer, browse your organization's resources, attach the XML file, and click Open.
- Click Next to expand the Product Statements section.
- Select a declaration statement for your products and click Next:
- In the Supporting Documentation section, click Upload:
- Using the File Explorer, browse your organization's resources, attach the desired file, and click Open.
- Select a file type for the uploaded file from the drop-down list:
To remove a document, click the “x”. You can upload multiple pieces of supporting documentation:
- When you have uploaded your supporting documentation, click Next.
- In the Substances section, click Add Substance:
- Enter the substance’s CAS, EC, or IAEG number to populate the desired search result:
- Check the box if the substance is Contained in product.
In Product: This substance is contained in the composition of the product in its final state (i.e. completed all manufacturing stages and ready for delivery/sale)
- Check the box if the substance is Used in process:
In Process: The product relies on this substance in the manufacturing process, but this substance is not present in the finished article.
- Enter the Nominal Concentration of the substance.
Nominal Concentration is the value of mass when a single estimate value is provided.
- Select the Substance Status from the drop-down list:
- Enter where in the product the substance is found:
Describe the Sub-Product or Material in the Product where the Substance is found.
- If the substance is contained In Process, select the Process Stage from the drop-down list:
Identify the stage of the process when the substance is required or used by selecting one the available options from the dropdown menu. For example, selecting "production" might indicate the use of the substance in the manufacturing process, while "post-production" might indicate the use of the substance for maintenance or repair.
- Select the Use Descriptor from the drop-down list:
Describe the use of the substance in the material or product by selecting one of the available options.
- To finish adding the substance, click Save.
- Repeat this process for every substance you need to declare and click Next:
- In the Review section, the system will notify you if you are ready to submit your declaration:
If your customer has requested it, you may need to provide a Comment in this section.
- Click Submit to finish and return to the main page.
- If necessary, repeat the declaration process for any remaining parts and click Done to submit your declaration(s).
- On the Declaration Summary page, you can review the details and click Continue to finish: