The EU RoHS Directive 2011/65/EU and EU 2015/863 restricts ten substances and substance groups above a specific threshold at the homogeneous material level. It also allows certain exemptions for the use of the restricted substances in particular components and/or specific product applications.
These specific exemptions are documented under Annex III and Annex IV of the 2011/65/EU Directive. Suppliers cannot assume that the exemptions automatically apply to their components, parts, materials, or products and are encouraged to request approval for use of any required EU RoHS exemptions via their Supply Chain representative. Improperly applying an exemption could be termed as a non-compliance leading to enforcement action and/or your disqualification as a supplier.
EU RoHS Declaration Acceptance Criteria.
Once you receive the relevant campaign email, you can respond to the open request by selecting it from the Supplier Portal landing page.
- Before you begin, prepare the information you will need to complete your declaration and click Get Started:
From this window, you can download your Product List and Substance List for reference. These files download in Excel format.
- On the main page, review the regulation details and the available Resources:
- Use the checkboxes to select your products and click Declare for Selected:
You can declare for individual products or select in bulk. To display more products, open the drop-down menu on the bottom right of the table and select the desired number of items per page to display.
- On the next page, review the Product Details section:
- If you have an IPC-1752A XML file to speed up the declaration process, click Upload File.
- Using the File Explorer, browse your organization's resources, attach the XML file, and click Open.
Uploading a valid IPC-1752A XML will populate the corresponding sections below with the data contained in the XML. To continue declaring manually, skip to step 8.
- To continue declaring manually, click Next to expand the Product Statements section.
- Select a statement for your products and click Next:
If you are declaring with exemptions, select the exemption(s) from the drop-down list:
- In the Supporting Documents section, click Upload.
- Using the File Explorer, browse your organization's resources, attach the desired file, and click Open.
- Select a file type for the uploaded file from the drop-down list:
To remove a document, click the “x”. You can upload multiple pieces of supporting documentation:
- When you have uploaded your supporting documentation, click Next.
- In the Substance Information section, click the Add Substances button:
- In the Add Substance pane that opens, enter the required information marked in red:
Entering optional information can help your customer. You can also delete or edit any information entered here before completing the submission.
- If you declared an exemption above, select the desired Exemption from the drop-down list.
Selected exemptions must match with the declared substance. For example, if you declared "Lead/lead compounds" present, the selected exemption must be for lead.
- To finish adding the substance, click Add.
- Once you have finished adding your substance(s), review the entered information in the table:
- Repeat this process for every substance you need to manually declare and click Next.
- In the Review section, the system will notify you if you are ready to submit your declaration:
If your customer has requested it, you may need to provide a Comment in this section.
- Click Submit to finish and return to the main page.
- If necessary, repeat the declaration process for any remaining parts and click Done to submit your declaration(s).
- On the Declaration Summary page, you can review the details and click Continue to finish: