REACH (Registration, Evaluation, Authorization and Restriction of Chemicals, EC 1907/2006) is the European Union’s chemical regulation that requires that chemical substances on their own, in preparations and all intentionally released substances from articles must be registered with the European Chemicals Agency (ECHA).
The regulation applies to substances manufactured in, or imported to the EU in annual quantities of 1 ton or more. According to the REACH requirements on Substances of Very High Concern (SVHC) a supplier of manufactured and imported articles shall provide customers with information on SVHC if they are present above a concentration limit of 0.1 % on an article level. SVHC will be defined through the list of candidate substances for authorization that is produced by the European Chemicals Agency.
Once you receive the relevant campaign email, you can respond to the open request by selecting it from the Supplier Portal landing page.
- Before you begin, prepare the information you will need to complete your declaration and click Get Started:
From this window, you can download your Product List and Substance List for reference. These files download in Excel format.
- On the main page, review the regulation details and the available Resources:
- Select the desired REACH Query List from the Substance List Version drop-down menu.
The most recent list is available by default.
- Use the checkboxes to select your product(s) and click Declare for Selected:
You can declare for individual products or select in bulk. To display more products, open the drop-down menu on the bottom right of the table and select the desired number of items per page to display.
- On the next page, review the Product Details section:
- If required, select whether each individual product for the group selected is considered to be a single article or a complex object made up for multiple assembled articles that contain other others.
- If you have an IPC-1752A XML file to speed up the declaration process, click Upload File.
Uploading a valid IPC-1752A XML will populate the corresponding sections below with the data contained in the XML. To continue declaring manually, skip to step 9
- Using the File Explorer, browse your organization's resources, attach the XML file, and click Open.
- To continue declaring manually, click Next to expand the Product Statements section.
- Select a statement for your products and click Next:
- In the Supporting Documents section, click Upload.
- Using the File Explorer, browse your organization's resources, attach the desired file, and click Open.
- Select a file type for the uploaded file from the drop-down list:
To remove a document, click the “x”. You can upload multiple pieces of supporting documentation:
- When you have uploaded your supporting documentation, click Next.
- In the Substance Information section, click the Add Substance button:
The new section opens on the right-hand side of the page. The section will remain collapsed unless the statement selected identifies the use of substances.
- In the Add Substance pane that opens, enter the required information marked in red and click Add:
Article Name is a new field for some workflows. Entering optional information can help your customer. You can also delete or edit any information entered here before completing the submission.
- Once you have finished adding your substance(s), review the entered information in the table:
- Repeat this process for every substance you need to manually declare and click Next.
- In the Review section, the system will notify you if you are ready to submit your declaration:
If your customer has requested it, you may need to provide a Comment in this section. The system will also identify if you are in scope of the EU Waste Framework Directive.
- Click Submit to finish and return to the main page.
- If necessary, repeat the declaration process for any remaining parts and click Done to submit your declaration(s).
- On the Declaration Summary page, you can review the details and click Continue to finish:
For additional information on REACH SVHCs, download a copy of Assent's REACH in 2020 & Beyond Guide.