The workflow for Declarable Substance List (DSL) modules has been improved to expedite the declaration process for suppliers. Key enhancements include powerful changes to improve the supplier workflow, dividing it into sections to simplify the declaration process. The workflow is also dynamic based on rules configured in the Assent Compliance Manager (ACM).
Suppliers can leverage previous declarations, allowing them to see delta substances to declare, auto-populate the substance table, and make previous declaration documentation available for reference.
Using the New “Tips” Contextual Guidance
Supplier Portal users can now review contextual guidance in each section of the improved Supplier Portal DSL workflow. When working in a given section, users can click headings within the left-aligned “Tips” box to expand an explanatory text box for the selected tip or frequently asked question.
Click the “x” to close the text box or click another tip to expand that piece of guidance instead:
Making a Declaration Using the New Workflow
Once you receive the relevant campaign email, you can make the declaration.
- Click the Launch Portal URL link in the email to open the Supplier Portal.
- Choose the desired module and click Start.
- Before you begin, prepare the information you will need to complete your declaration:
From this window, you can download your Product List and Substance List for reference. These files download in Excel format.
- On the main page, review the regulation details and the available regulation resources:
- Use the checkboxes to select your products and click Declare:
You can declare for individual products or select in bulk. To display more products, open the drop-down menu on the bottom right of the table and select the desired number of products to display (20, 40, 50, or 500):
To declare for all products, do not use the checkboxes, and click Declare for ALL (x).
- On the next page, review the Product Details section:
- If you have an IPC-1752A XML file to speed up the declaration process, click Upload File:
Uploading a valid IPC-1752A XML will populate the corresponding sections below with the data contained in the XML. To continue declaring manually, skip to step 9.
- Using the File Explorer, browse your organization's resources, attach the XML file, and click Open.
- Click Next to expand the Product Statements section.
- Select a declaration statement for your products and click Next:
- In the Supporting Documentation section, click Upload:
- Using the File Explorer, browse your organization's resources, attach the desired file, and click Open.
- Select a file type for the uploaded file from the drop-down list:
To remove a document, click the “x”. You can upload multiple pieces of supporting documentation:
- When you have uploaded your supporting documentation, click Next.
- In the Substances section, click Add Substance:
- Enter the substance’s Chemical Abstract Service (CAS), European Community (EC), or International Aerospace Environmental Group (IAEG) number to populate the desired search result:
- Check the box if the substance is Contained in product.
In Product: This substance is contained in the composition of the product in its final state (i.e. completed all manufacturing stages and ready for delivery/sale)
- Check the box if the substance is Used in process:
In Process: The product relies on this substance in the manufacturing process, but this substance is not present in the finished article.
- Enter the Nominal Concentration of the substance.
Nominal Concentration is the value of mass when a single estimate value is provided.
- Select the Substance Status from the drop-down list:
- If the substance has an applicable Exemption, select one from the list.
- Enter where in the product the substance is found:
Describe the Sub-Product or Material in the Product where the Substance is found.
- Enter the total weight of the substance in the product.
The total weight of a substance in a product is the sum total of every instance of a substance occurring within a Product. The sum total must account for sub-product occurrences within a Product and must assume the maximum concentration reported for a substance when a min/max range has been identified.
- Select the Unit of Measure from the drop-down list:
Grams, Kilograms, Milligrams, Parts per Million (PPM), or Mass Percentage (%).
- If the substance is contained In Process, select the Process Stage from the drop-down list:
Identify the stage of the process when the substance is required or used by selecting one the available options from the dropdown menu. For example, selecting "production" might indicate the use of the substance in the manufacturing process, while "post-production" might indicate the use of the substance for maintenance or repair.
- Select the Use Descriptor from the drop-down list:
Describe the use of the substance in the material or product by selecting one of the available options.
- To finish adding the substance, click Save.
- Repeat this process for every substance you need to declare and click Next:
- In the Review section, the system will notify you if you are ready to submit your declaration:
If your customer has requested it, you may need to provide a Comment in this section.
- Click Submit to finish and return to the main page.
- If necessary, repeat the declaration process for any remaining parts and click Done to submit your declaration(s).
- On the Declaration Summary page, you can review the details and click Continue to finish: