The Stockholm Convention on Persistent Organic Pollutants (POPs) entered into force on 17 May 2004. Since then, it has been amended by the Conference of the Parties (CoP) at several meetings.
This Treaty has been ratified by over 180 countries worldwide, essentially banning the intentional use of listed POPs from products in the global marketplace. Please select product(s) to confirm presence/non-presence of POPs.
Making a Persistent Organic Pollutants Declaration in the Supplier Portal
To complete the declaration, you must first have received the campaign email.
- Before you begin, prepare the information you will need to complete your declaration:
From this window, you can download your Product List and Substance List for reference. These files download in Excel format.
- On the main page, review the regulation details and the available regulation resources:
- Use the checkboxes to select your products and click Declare:
You can declare for individual products or select in bulk. To display more products, open the drop-down menu on the bottom right of the table and select the desired number of products to display (20, 40, 50, or 500):
To declare for all products, do not use the checkboxes, and click Declare for ALL (x).
- On the next page, review the Product Details section:
- If you have an IPC-1752A XML file to speed up the declaration process, click Upload File:
Uploading a valid IPC-1752A XML will populate the corresponding sections below with the data contained in the XML. To continue declaring manually, skip to step 9.
- Using the File Explorer, browse your organization's resources, attach the XML file, and click Open.
- Click Next to expand the Product Statements section.
- Select a declaration statement for your products and click Next:
If your declaration "CONTAINS WITH EXEMPTION", select an exemption from the drop-down menu:
- In the Supporting Documentation section, click Upload:
- Using the File Explorer, browse your organization's resources, attach the desired file, and click Open.
- Select a file type for the uploaded file from the drop-down list:
To remove a document, click the “x”. You can upload multiple pieces of supporting documentation:
- When you have uploaded your supporting documentation, click Next.
- In the Substances section, click Add Substance:
- Enter the substance’s CAS or EC number to populate the desired search result:
- Check the box if the substance is Contained in product.
In Product: This substance is contained in the composition of the product in its final state (i.e. completed all manufacturing stages and ready for delivery/sale)
- Enter the Nominal Concentration of the substance.
Nominal Concentration is the value of mass when a single estimate value is provided.
- Select the Substance Status from the drop-down list:
- If the substance has an applicable Exemption chosen above, select it from the list.
- Enter where in the product the substance is found:
Describe the Sub-Product or Material in the Product where the Substance is found.
- To finish adding the substance, click Save.
- Repeat this process for every substance you need to declare and click Next:
- In the Review section, the system will notify you if you are ready to submit your declaration:
If your customer has requested it, you may need to provide a Comment in this section.
- Click Submit to finish and return to the main page.
- If necessary, repeat the declaration process for any remaining parts and click Done to submit your declaration(s).
- On the Declaration Summary page, you can review the details and click Continue to finish: