California Proposition 65 requires that clear and reasonable warnings be provided to individuals in California before exposing them to a chemical known to the State of California to cause cancer or reproductive toxicity (“Proposition 65 Chemical”) unless the exposure is below an established safe harbor level.
Your customer requires information on the products you supply so that it can confirm if the product is suitable for sale in California.
For more information on Proposition 65 please click [here].
Making a California Proposition 65 - Distributor Declaration in the Supplier Portal
Once you receive the relevant campaign email, you can make the declaration.
- On the main page, review the regulation and instructions:
- Use the checkboxes to select individual Parts and click Declare # Selected Parts:
Or click the Declare for # Parts button to declare for all visible Parts:
- On the next page, answer Yes, No, or I don't know to if any of the selected product(s) contain a Prop 65 chemical above safe harbor level:
Depending on the answer selected, you will be presented with differing questions requesting substance information, additional details, and/or supporting documentation:
If Yes, select the chemical(s) from the drop-down list and respond to the following questions:
If No, select the appropriate statement and provide evidence of verification and testing:
If I don't know, describe your next steps in determining compliance:
- When you have finished responding to the required questions, click Continue to return to the main page.
- If necessary, repeat the declaration process for any remaining parts and click Continue to submit your declaration(s) and proceed to the optional feedback survey.