Your customer requires that you provide information regarding recycled content in your products. You customer is working with suppliers to reduce the use of virgin content in their products by increasing the use of recycled content used in the parts sourced from the supply chain.
Selecting materials with recycled content helps reduce the impacts associated with the use of virgin materials.
Pre-Consumer Content is defined as material diverted from the waste stream during the manufacturing process. Excluded is re-utilization of materials such as rework, regrind or scrap generated in a process and capable of being reclaimed within the same process that generated it.
Post-Consumer Recycled Content is the waste generated by households or commercial, industrial and institutional facilities in their role as end-users of the product. In other words, it’s the end waste that cannot be used again for the initially intended purpose but can be recycled into a new product (i.e., aluminum, glass, plastic, and paper).
Bio-based Content refers to content wholly or partly derived from biomass, such as plants, trees or animals (the biomass can have undergone physical, chemical or biological treatment).
Making a Recycled Content Declaration in the Supplier Portal
To complete the declaration, you must first have received the campaign email.
- Review the Recycled Content regulation details:
- Use the checkboxes to select individual Parts and click Declare # Selected Parts:
Or click Declare for # Parts to declare for all visible Parts:
- On the next page, review the Definitions of recycled content:
- On the next page, answer the following required questions:
If you answer Yes to Q1 or Q2, you must answer additional questions or provides details to support your response. For example:
- When you have answered the required questions, click Continue to return to the main page.
- If necessary, repeat the declaration process for any remaining parts and click Continue to submit your declaration(s).
If you do not click Continue on the main page, your declaration will not be submitted.
- On the Declaration Complete page, you can submit optional feedback on the declaration process.