DFARS – Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement is a supplement to the FAR (Federal Acquisition Regulation) that provides Department of Defense (DoD) specific acquisition regulations that DoD government acquisition officials – and those contractors doing business with DoD – must follow in the procurement process for goods and services. Included in DFARS are several requirements including specialty metals acquisition requirements. This requires the company to confirm the production location of specialty metals (in the United States or a qualifying country) and products containing specialty metals.
Making a DFARS Specialty Metals Declaration in the Supplier Portal
To complete the declaration, you must first have received the campaign email:
- Review the DFARS Specialty Metals regulation details:
- Use the checkboxes to select individual Parts and click Declare # Selected Parts:
Or click Declare for # Parts to declare for all visible Parts:
- On the following page, select Yes or No to answer whether the selected product(s) contain Specialty Metals:
Depending on your answers to the questions presented, you may need to answer additional questions or provides details to support your response. For example:
- When you have answered the required questions, click Continue to return to the main page.
- If necessary, repeat the declaration process for any remaining parts and click Continue to submit your declaration(s).
If you do not click Continue on the main page, your declaration will not be submitted.
- On the Declaration Complete page, you can submit optional feedback on the declaration process.