The China Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS) Directive is a Chinese government legislation designed to curb the harmful environmental effects of certain materials, including lead.
Similar to the CE marking of EU RoHS, under China RoHS, all items shipped to China must now be marked to indicate how they comply with the legislation. The Electronic Information Products (EIP) logo is used to mark products, parts and assemblies that do not contain unacceptable amounts of hazardous substances (as defined by the legislation), and are therefore considered environmentally safe. Products that do contain hazardous substances are marked with the same EIP logo, but are also marked with an Environment Friendly Use Period (EFUP) value.
Once you receive the relevant campaign email, you can respond to the open request by selecting it from the Supplier Portal landing page.
- On the Acknowledgement page, review the details on EFUP values and click Continue:
- Before you begin, prepare the information you will need to complete your declaration and click Get Started:
From this window, you can download your Product List and Substance List for reference. These files download in Excel format.
- On the main page, review the regulation details and the available Resources:
- Use the checkboxes to select your product and click Declare for Selected:
You can declare for individual products or select in bulk. To display more products, open the drop-down menu on the bottom right of the table and select the desired number of items per page to display.
- On the next page, review the Product Details section and click Next:
- If you have an IPC-1752A XML file to speed up the declaration process, click Upload File:
Uploading a valid IPC-1752A XML will populate the corresponding sections below with the data contained in the XML. To continue declaring manually, skip to step 8.
- Using the File Explorer, browse your organization's resources, attach the XML file, and click Open.
- To continue declaring manually, click Next to expand the Product Statements section.
- Select a statement for your products and click Next:
- In the Supporting Documentation section, click Upload.
- Using the File Explorer, browse your organization's resources, attach the desired file, and click Open.
- Select a file type for the uploaded file from the drop-down list:
To remove a document, click the “x”. You can upload multiple pieces of supporting documentation:
- When you have uploaded your supporting documentation, click Next.
- In the Substance Information section, click the Add Substance button:
- In the Add Substance pane that opens, enter the required information marked in red and click Add:
Entering optional information can help your customer. You can also delete or edit any information entered here before completing the submission.
- Once you have finished adding your substance(s), review the entered information in the table:
- Repeat this process for every substance you need to manually declare and click Next.
- In the Review section, the system will notify you if you are ready to submit your declaration:
If your customer has requested it, you may need to provide a Comment in this section.
- Click Submit to finish and return to the main page.
- If necessary, repeat the declaration process for any remaining parts and click Done to submit your declaration(s).
- On the Declaration Summary page, you can review the details and click Continue to finish:
Making a Legacy China RoHS Declaration in the Supplier Portal
Once you receive the relevant campaign email, you can make the declaration:
- Review the regulation details page:
Under the Resources sidebar, click:
Create IPC-1752A XML to open the FMDComplete tool in a new browser window, allowing you to build a Class A, Class C, or Class D IPC-1752A declaration, which generates in XML format
View Substance List to initiate the download of an Excel file containing the substance list for the chosen regulation
- From the part list displayed, either:
Use the checkboxes to select individual Parts and click Declare # Selected Parts:
Click the Declare for # Parts button to declare for all visible Parts:
- On the Select Declaration window, choose whether the part(s) Does Not Contain Substances Above Threshold or Contains Substances Above Threshold:
For parts that Contains Substances Above Threshold, the Edit Substances window will open to allow users to enter one or more substances that are included in the part:
To enter a substance:
a) Click the Substance field and type a Substance Name or CAS Number to search
b) Click the Substance to select it
c) Enter a Concentration (%) for the selected substance
d) Click the EPUP drop-down menu to select an Environmentally Protective Use Period (EPUP) for the selected substance
e) Enter where in the Product the Substance is located using the Contained In field
f) Click the [+] button to add the substance to the part
Once you have added all relevant substances, click Next to proceed to the Upload Supporting Documentation window.
- Choose the type of supporting documentation you are uploading:
- Use the calendar to choose the date this supporting documentation was created.
- Click Attach File to open the File Explorer and click Open to upload the document.
You can upload multiple files using this window.
- When you have finished uploading your supporting documentation, click OK.
- Upon returning to the part declaration screen, complete the declaration process for any remaining parts:
- Click Continue to proceed to the next modules.
- Once all Declarations are complete, click Continue to proceed to the Feedback page.