Annex XVII of EU REACH (EC 1907/2006) (Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation, and Restriction of Chemicals)) is the official list of substances and their corresponding use that are restricted.
Restrictions are a tool to protect human health and the environment from unacceptable risks posed by chemicals. Restrictions may limit or ban the manufacture, placing on the market or use of a substance.
REACH Restrictions apply to a broad scope of products, depending on use, as a substance, mixture, or Article. Please indicate which restricted substances, substance group or restriction entry number is applicable to your product.
Making a REACH Annex XVII Declaration in the Supplier Portal
Once you receive the relevant campaign email, you can make the declaration.
- Before you begin, prepare the information you will need to complete your declaration:
From this window, you can download your Product List and Substance List for reference. These files download in Excel format.
- On the main page, review the regulation details and the available regulation Resources:
- Use the checkboxes to select your products and click Declare:
You can declare for individual products or select in bulk. To display more products, open the drop-down menu on the bottom right of the table and select the desired number of products to display (20, 40, 50, or 500):
To declare for all products, do not use the checkboxes, and click Declare for ALL (x).
- On the next page, review the Product Details section:
- If you have an IPC-1752A XML file to speed up the declaration process, click Upload File:
Uploading a valid IPC-1752A XML will populate the corresponding sections below with the data contained in the XML. To continue declaring manually, skip to step 9.
- Using the File Explorer, browse your organization's resources, attach the XML file, and click Open.
- Click Next to expand the Product Statements section.
- Select a declaration statement for your products and click Next:
- In the Supporting Documentation section, click Upload:
- Using the File Explorer, browse your organization's resources, attach the desired file, and click Open.
- Select a file type for the uploaded file from the drop-down list:
To remove a document, click the “x”. You can upload multiple pieces of supporting documentation:
- When you have uploaded your supporting documentation, click Next.
- In the Substances section, click Add Substance:
- Enter the substance’s CAS or EC number to populate the desired search result:
- Check the box if the substance is Contained in product.
In Product: This substance is contained in the composition of the product in its final state (i.e. completed all manufacturing stages and ready for delivery/sale)
- Enter the Nominal Concentration of the substance.
Nominal Concentration is the value of mass when a single estimate value is provided.
- Select the Substance Status from the drop-down list:
- Enter where in the product the substance is found:
Describe the Sub-Product or Material in the Product where the Substance is found.
- To finish adding the substance, click Save.
- Repeat this process for every substance you need to declare and click Next:
- In the Review section, the system will notify you if you are ready to submit your declaration:
If your customer has requested it, you may need to provide a Comment in this section.
- Click Submit to finish and return to the main page.
- If necessary, repeat the declaration process for any remaining parts and click Done to submit your declaration(s).
- On the Declaration Summary page, you can review the details and click Continue to finish: