Full Material Disclosures (FMDs) provide companies with a complete breakdown of the composition of their products. The IPC-1752A is the industry standard; it has established a common reporting format for material declaration data exchange between supply chains and support bulk materials, components, printed circuit boards, sub-assemblies, and final products.
The current standard for the IPC-1752A form is XML format.
A Class D IPC-1752A FMD divulges every substance in the product down to the Homogeneous Level, including location, mass, and/or PPM.
Making an IPC-1752A (Class D) Declaration in the Supplier Portal
- Review the module main page:
Under the Resources sidebar, click Create IPC-1752A XML to open the FMDComplete tool in a new browser window, allowing you to build a Class D IPC-1752A declaration, which generates in XML format.
- From the part list, click the desired part to highlight it and click the Declare button:
- On the Upload XML window that opens, click Browse to open the File Explorer and Open the XML file you want to upload:
If your XML is invalid, you will be presented with an error message specifying whether the uploaded XML is: obsolete, an improper file format, or an unknown failure. Click Back to browse for a different file and try uploading again:
Upon uploading a valid XML file, the Upload Supporting Documentation window opens.
- Choose the type of supporting documentation you are uploading:
- Use the calendar to choose the date this supporting documentation was created.
- Click Attach File to open the File Explorer and click Open to upload the document.
You can upload multiple files using this window.
- When you have finished uploading your supporting documentation, click Ok.
- On the Proprietary Acknowledgement page, use the checkboxes to acknowledge that any unrevealed proprietary data in your FMD is within the tolerance of the selected regulations (REACH SVHC, EU RoHS, etc) and click Ok:
- Back on the main page, repeat the declaration process for any remaining parts and then click Continue to submit your declaration(s):
- On the Declaration Complete page, you can submit optional feedback or click Skip to return to the Request Center.