EU SRR Regulation No. 1257/2013 attempts to reduce the negative impacts of ship recycling, by requiring ships above 500 gross tonnes, calling at a port or anchorage of a Member State to (i) maintain an EU SRR inventory, if the flag of the ship belongs to an EU member state; (ii) maintain an approved IHM Part I inventory, if the flag of the ship belongs to a non-EU member state.
This EU SRR survey collects Product level material composition data to determine the existence of EU SRR substances within. Suppliers to the shipbuilding industry should identify and declare whether or not the materials listed are present in the Parts they are declaring for.
Making an EU SRR Declaration in the Supplier Portal
Once you receive the relevant campaign email, you can respond to the open request by selecting it from the Supplier Portal landing page.
Please Note: Making a valid EU-SRR declaration requires you to submit a completed Supplier Declaration of Conformity for Material Declaration Management (SDoc) in addition to the manual declaration of any substances contained in your parts or products. You received a blank SDoC template in the campaign email, but you can also download one from the module Resources section.
- Before you begin, prepare the information you will need to complete your declaration and click Get Started:
From this window, you can download your Product List and Substance List for reference. These files download in Excel format.
- On the main page, review the regulation details and the available Resources:
- Acceptance Criteria to download a PDF with guidance on creating an acceptable declaration
- EU website - Regulatory Guidance to go to the European Commission website for regulatory information
- EU website - Legal Guidance to go to the EUR-Lex website to review legal information
- EU-SRR sDoC to download a blank template for a Supplier Declaration of Conformity for Material Declaration Management (SDoc)
- Create IPC-1752A XML to open the FMDComplete tool in a new browser window, allowing you to build a Class A, Class C, or Class D IPC-1752A declaration, which generates in XML format
- View Substance List to initiate the download of an Excel file containing the EU-SRR substance list
- Use the checkboxes to select your product and click Declare for Selected:
You can declare for individual products or select in bulk. To display more products, open the drop-down menu on the bottom right of the table and select the desired number of items per page to display.
- On the next page, review the Product Details section:
- If you have an IPC-1752A XML file to speed up the declaration process, click Upload File.
Uploading a valid IPC-1752A XML will populate the corresponding sections below with the data contained in the XML. To continue declaring manually, skip to step 8.
- Using the File Explorer, browse your organization's resources, attach the XML file, and click Open.
- To continue declaring manually, click Next to expand the Product Statements section.
- Select a statement for your products and click Next:
- In the Supporting Documentation section, click Upload.
- Using the File Explorer, browse your organization's resources, attach the desired file, and click Open.
- Select a file type for the uploaded file from the drop-down list:
To remove a document, click the “x”. You can upload multiple pieces of supporting documentation:
- When you have uploaded your supporting documentation, click Next.
- In the Substance Information section, click the Add Substance button:
- In the Add Substance pane that opens, enter the required information marked in red and click Add:
Entering optional information can help your customer. You can also delete or edit any information entered here before completing the submission.
- Once you have finished adding your substance(s), review the entered information in the table:
- Repeat this process for every substance you need to manually declare and click Next.
- In the Review section, the system will notify you if you are ready to submit your declaration:
If your customer has requested it, you may need to provide a Comment in this section.
- Click Submit to finish and return to the main page.
- If necessary, repeat the declaration process for any remaining parts and click Done to submit your declaration(s).
- On the Declaration Summary page, you can review the details and click Continue to finish: