The goal of the Global Automotive Declarable Substance List (GADSL) is to facilitate the communication and exchange of information on the use of certain substances in automotive products throughout the supply chain. The GADSL only covers substances that are expected to be present in a material or part that remains in the vehicle or part at the point of sale.
It is a voluntary industry initiative intended to ensure integrated, responsible and sustainable product development in the automotive industry and throughout the supply chains of associated manufacturers.
Making a GADSL Declaration in the Supplier Portal
Once you receive the relevant campaign email, you can make the declaration.
- Review the regulation details page:
Under the Resources sidebar, click:
Create IPC-1752A XMLto open the FMDComplete tool in a new browser window, allowing you to build a Class A, Class C, or Class D IPC-1752A declaration, which generates in XML format
View Substance List to initiate the download of an Excel file containing the Prop 65 substance list
- From the part list displayed, either:
Use the checkboxes to select individual Parts and click Declare # Selected Parts:
Click the Declare for # Parts button to declare for all visible Parts:
- On the Select Declaration window, choose whether the part(s) Does Not Contain Substances Above Threshold or Contains Substances Above Threshold:
For parts that Contains Substances Above Threshold, the Edit Substances window will open to allow users to enter one or more substances that are included in the part:
To enter a substance:
a) Click the Substance field and type a Substance Name or CAS Number to search
b) Click the Substance to select it
c) Enter a Concentration (%) for the selected substance
d) Enter where in the Product the Substance is located using the Contained In field.
e) Click the [+] button to add the substance to the part
Once you have added all relevant substances, click Next to proceed to the Upload Supporting Documentation window.
- On the Upload Supporting Documentation, choose the type of supporting documentation you are uploading:
- Use the calendar to choose the date this supporting documentation was created.
- Click Attach File to open the File Explorer and click Open to upload the document.
You can upload multiple files using this window.
- When you have finished uploading your supporting documentation, click OK.
- Upon returning to the part declaration screen, complete the declaration process for any remaining parts:
- Click Continue to proceed to the next modules.
- Once all Declarations are complete, click Continue to proceed to the Feedback page.